Low Country Treasure Hunters of the Carolinas, Virginia, Georgia, and the Florida Coastline joined together over 30 years ago founding the Group LMS Metal Detecting. We are located in Murrells Inlet, SC and travel all over the eastern U.S. All of our members share a high standard of ethics to save and preserve the history that was lost, hidden, or just left behind. Our reputation with private land owners, commercial properties, big game hunting clubs, historical societies, and preservation organizations speaks volumes of our dedication to the path of success with working together and recovering what was once lost, or even thought to have happened in a certain location.
We are glad you stopped in to check us out. If you were contacted by LMS Metal Detecting and would like more information about the process and/or safety concerns, we have listed some straightforward answers to questions that are frequently asked.
LMS Metal Detecting understands the legal concerns that land owners face these days, and while we still believe a firm handshake is bound by ones word and honor, the need to further protect yourself is important to us.
1. Land owners receive a release of liability form signed by each person that has been permitted by you on the stated property, along with a copy of their valid driver's license or other legal picture ID. Our release of liability forms have been crafted by real attorneys in the state of South Carolina to protect you the land owner. This information can be emailed to you before anyone is on your property, or hand delivered in advance before any scheduled meetings or activity begins. You will not need to sign any legal documents to be completely protected.
2. No contract - meaning you may change your mind at any time and ask us to leave.
3. You will have one contact person that is responsible for scheduling with your approval. This includes start and stop times, we don't want to overstay our welcome and no one will ever be on your land without your prior knowledge of it.
4. No one will ever ask to enter your home for any reason. Drinks (no alcohol) and snacks are brought and removed by us. Nearby public restrooms are to be used.
5. No person is ever permitted to enter any outbuildings, barns, and/or other structures. We are only interested in metal detecting the land.
6. You may request to see everything that was recovered and choose to keep anything you like. It is your property first.
7. We do not leave trash that has been unearthed. It is not tolerated.
8. Concerns of how many people will be on your land? We always keep you informed prior of anything being scheduled and you decide what is best.
9. We know where your property lines are through the technology of handheld GPS units and will not mistakenly be on your neighbors land or an area you haven't first approved of. GPS perimeters are easily setup with tones that warn us we are approaching a restricted area before we enter it with very precise accuracy.
10. We have found that many land owners are interested in learning the hobby of metal detecting and would like to try it themselves. No problem, we can supply you with a quality metal detector, answer questions, and show you how to use it so you can join in the fun while we are there.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions, you may still have, we really would like this to be a completely worry free and fun experience for you.
Ask about our references, we are happy to give you their contact information.
The group LMS Metal Detecting formed around the year 1989 in Central North Carolina, while largely traveling the western foothills of NC we could often be found in Virginia over long holiday weekends as well. In 1999 we became more focused on the coastal plains of Georgia and South Carolina, this was around the time when we coined the term “Road Trip”. These were the days we often spent more time driving than Metal Detecting. The relic hunting was good but it became clear we needed to expand our base. Two years later in 2001 we moved our main operations center to Pawleys Island, SC where we were more centrally located to our overall metal detecting sites from Florida up into West Virginia. Shortly thereafter we moved again to our nearby current location Murrells Inlet, SC. So our base location has changed a few times over the last 30 years, but rest assured if you have old mailers or business cards with the name LMS Metal Detecting you’re in the right place and we welcome your curiosity. Are you interested in learning the history of your property? Would you like to be involved in the process of finding out? Then schedule some quality time with us by using our contact form, social media stuff, or just give us a call at 843-457-2795 or learn more about us here.
Our code of ethics for responsible metal detecting is very important to us and is always followed to protect our unspoiled reputation with following federal, state, county and local guidelines. Private landowners should never expect anything less while allowing any metal detectorist on your property. We strongly recommend that each and every member read it, and understand its importance to our future success.
No Problem, we understand that sometimes you just want to talk with someone and have your questions answered or voice your concerns before moving forward with permission. Please use the contact us form below, or call Mike at (843) 457-2795 today and if you prefer to meet in person we will be happy to schedule that too as we normally do before hunting permissions anyhow. It is important to us that you are completely happy with the process and not to waste your time.
Are you interested in learning the history of your property? Would you like to be involved in the process of finding out? Then schedule some quality time with us today.
LMS Metal Detecting Office
132 Cypress Creek Dr
Murrells Inlet SC, 29576
Tel: (843) 457-2795
A special thank you to the friends we have made throughout our travels. We truly appreciate your support, and we’re so grateful for the trust you’ve placed in us with your property. We sincerely hope you are satisfied with your experience and will recommend us in the future.